Job Description – Web Developer
Posted January 26, 2018
Position will design and develop websites that are creative, strategic and on-target in meeting clients’ and users’ needs. The sites will be visually compelling, will appropriately and accurately communicate core messages and identity, and will provide effective functionality for site visitors and users. Position will work with a broad variety of projects within a collaborative team environment.
- Take designs in HTML/CSS and incorporate into a CMS (such as WordPress or Craft).
- Develop custom themes and templates in content management systems.
- Write efficient code that handles errors and exceptions.
- Add special functionality to websites managed in a CMS and integrate with existing web services.
- Create web apps by using a PHP framework or CMS as a backbone.
- Create wireframes and navigation plans to form a solid foundation for each web project.
- Articulate accurate project specifications and details to supervisor and clients.
- Meet with clients to advise and recommend solutions.
- Collaborate with core creative team members in various brainstorming and strategy sessions.
- Research various websites and other resources to provide context for specific web projects.
- Keep current with software and technology trends.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Must have experience with HTML and CSS.
- Experience using PHP and MySQL
- In depth experience with a CMS, such as WordPress, Drupal, ExpressionEngine or Craft
- Must be eager to learn new technologies.
- Must embrace the values of integrity, excellence and success.
To apply please send your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.